The Tier I IT Support Technician will provide the initial point of contact for end-users to report all Information Technology-related support issues within FCI. This position will be responsible for capturing the details of the IT issue and determining whether the problem is hardware or software related. In addition, this resource will be responsible for solving the most common technical issues during the first contact with the user. The candidate will also troubleshoot problem areas and solve all related matters. This position will determine if the issue is not in their scope of work and escalate it to the Systems Administrator for resolution. This position is in our Grand Junction office. FCI is an EEO employer.
- Salaried position ($55-65k/year), medical, life insurance, FLEX spending, 401k, Paid Time.
- Provide a single point of contact for FCI staff and external end-user issues.
- Facilitate the restoration of normal service operation while minimizing the impact on end-users.
- Deliver services promptly.
- Receive all incident notifications through preferred means – phone, fax, email, service desk portal, etc.
- Record all incidents and document all systems.
- Manage and maintain the Company’s machines, including Intune Deployment.
- Provide technical and functional support, resolving most tickets during first contact.
- Uses judgment to determine when to escalate incidents to the Systems Administrator and IT Director.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all incidents according to best practices.
- Maintain consistent communication with all parties, including end-users, project managers, supervisors, and FCI’s internal management hierarchy.
- Collaborates with IT Support to enhance knowledge and improve service level.
- Perform all scheduled activities such as moves/adds/changes, maintenance, patch management, documentation, and reporting.
- Create, maintain, and publish relevant support documentation to assist all team members in quickly resolving incidents and service requests.
- Manage all FCI staff expectations successfully and communicate.
- Identify ways to improve efficiency, productivity, and customer service.
- Monitors incidents to identify repetitive issues.
- Continue ongoing training to maintain and improve your skillset and abilities to support and maintain future hardware and software solutions.
- Other work-related duties as assigned.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
Technical Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer, organizational, and time management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (Windows 11) is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to set priorities and work on multiple tasks
- Ability to create and follow detailed documented procedures
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Ability to work under time pressure in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional attitude
- Initiative to perform self-review for completeness and accuracy